Diskussionen rund um Lupine

Moderatoren: Stefan, Wolf

Antworten
scolette
sucht Erleuchtung
sucht Erleuchtung

lighting problem Lupine Blika

Beitrag von scolette » 11.07.2020, 13:51

hello, here is the letter I sent to my seller regarding a lighting intensity problem with Lupine Blika. What do you think ?

Hello,

I am writing to you about Lupine lighting purchased from you on May 15, 2019.

I have a problem with the lighting intensity.

Concretely, this lighting is given for 2100 lumens and 22w.

I mainly use it on mountain bikes and I always Switch it off when I am stopped. I noticed that very quickly, the intensity of lighting at full power is reduced by 2 to arrive at a lighting of 11w and 1050 lumens.

I know that there is a system to protect the LEDs from overheating but even in a cool temperature, in the undergrowth, my lighting systematically goes down, even by adding the cooler bought separately.
Therefore, either there is a defect in my lighting, or there is a lie and deception about the lighting capabilities of this model by the manufacturer.
Please get info from Lupine. For my part, I stopped writing to them because they never respond, their sav is awful.
Regards,
Emmanuel

Wolf
Administrator
Administrator
Re: lighting problem Lupine Blika

Beitrag von Wolf » 13.07.2020, 10:16

Hi Emmanuel, it's very difficult to determine if it's a faulty electronic. It's clear that the Blika will dimm the light if air flow isn't enough. It's not possible to run such a small lamp unit with about 20 W without a good airflow. Even a head sinks doesn't help that much. Would be the best solution to return it back to us for a check. By the way: please contact us directly : info@lupine.de or wolf@lupine.de
Thanks and Kind Regards Wolf

scolette
sucht Erleuchtung
sucht Erleuchtung

Beitrag von scolette » 13.07.2020, 17:58

Thank you for the message. I contacted my seller who will contact Lupine directly. I no longer send email to support because I never had a response from them.

Timmäh!
erleuchtet
erleuchtet
(Lampen-)Ausstattung: SL AF,
SL AX 2022
Rotlicht
C14 Mag

Beitrag von Timmäh! » 13.07.2020, 20:52

scolette hat geschrieben:
13.07.2020, 17:58
Thank you for the message. I contacted my seller who will contact Lupine directly. I no longer send email to support because I never had a response from them.
You just got an answer to your problem/request from the ceo/managing director of Lupine himself, offering you a check of your light if you send it to lupine. What else do you exactly expect right now :?:
Gruß, Timon

scolette
sucht Erleuchtung
sucht Erleuchtung

Beitrag von scolette » 14.07.2020, 23:29

Thank you for your answers.
How to return the blika ?
The address ?
Do you need an RMA number?
Should I go through my seller before shipping it to Lupine?
And for how long ?

Thanks

Timmäh!
erleuchtet
erleuchtet
(Lampen-)Ausstattung: SL AF,
SL AX 2022
Rotlicht
C14 Mag

Beitrag von Timmäh! » 15.07.2020, 09:14

Just send it back to Lupine, here is the address . Add a "Service" below the Company name in the parcel address. Just put a letter describing your issue in the parcel (with your email adress included), maybe add a copy of your purchase bill and there you go, no RMA number needed. (it just worked fine that way when i had a service request for my SL-F)

But as Wolf stated (and i experienced with my Blika as well), the Blika will dim quickly without cool airflow. The lighthead is per design just too small to dissipate the heat in the 20W setting without airflow. Get the heat sink for the Blika, that will help a bit. if you really need a constant 20W light output without airflow, you'll need to swap to wilma or betty...
Gruß, Timon

scolette
sucht Erleuchtung
sucht Erleuchtung

Beitrag von scolette » 15.07.2020, 11:09

thank you for the information. I have the heat sink but it doesn't change anything. I just find it surprising that Lupine indicates in the characteristics, a brightness which is never reached under normal conditions of use. In addition, the photos showing the lighting power of each model is taken when stationary. this is a problem because the future buyer thinks that the luminous flux is maximum even at a standstill. I did not find in the documentation information and indications on the fact that the Blika cannot keep its maximum power.

Antworten