Betty condensation solution?

General discussions around Lupine

Moderatoren: Wolf, Stefan

BBW
sucht Erleuchtung
sucht Erleuchtung

Betty condensation solution?

Beitragvon BBW » 17.12.2012, 22:11

Hey guys, I have not being able to get rid of the Betty condensation permanently. This is the 1850 lm (24W).
I have used silicone between the glass and the cap and also have use plumber (teflon) tape around the thread to make sure is sealed but nothing. I have let her burn 1 hour on high several times and the condensation comes back.
The middle LED is not throwing light because of this and about 10% of the other LED is compromised because moisture and I'm loosing light output as I ride.
Any solutions? send it to Germany?
Thanks!

Bild

pioneer_56
beleuchtet
beleuchtet
(Lampen-)Ausstattung: Betty II 26 Watt XM-L2 / Betty II 24 Watt XPG / Wilma 17 Watt XM-L2 / Wilma 15 Watt Classic XM-L2
Re: Betty condensation solution?

Beitragvon pioneer_56 » 19.12.2012, 09:14

I always seen some condensation in all my Lupine lights. One person once suggested purging the headlamp with nitrogen. I haven't tried it, but it may work. I would like to know if anyone else has better ways of dealing with it than just unscrewing the cap and wiping it away.
Betty II 26W 3000 lumen Cree XM-L2/ Betty II 24W 2700 lumen Cree XM-L2/ Wilma 2100 lumen Cree XM-L2 / Wilma "Classic" 1800 lumen Cree XM-L2
9600 lumens of fun!

plattfuss
beleuchtet
beleuchtet
(Lampen-)Ausstattung: Betty R,Blika R, Pico R, Neo, Betty ext., Tesla, OttoX, Stuby,
BTL2, WTL, 2 x Piko TL Max, TL700, TL1200,
Rotlicht

Beitragvon plattfuss » 19.12.2012, 10:29

Hallo,
the user BBW thought it was clever to post this question in the english as well as in the german part. The "google translated" question in the german part was answered here in english language.
The key answer is:
Wolf has written
nitrogen would be a way, but if customer will open the housing everything is lost. We have made the experience that the procedure with drying seems to be the key. It's not sufficient to let Betty burn and heat without top only for some minutes, it's ness. to heat it up for at least 20 min. let it cool down till the housing is handwarm, close the top and moisture is history, 20 min. is minimum, an hour is also fine. It needs time to heat the LED housings ( this is the home of hidden moisture ) . Don't be afraid of overheating, Betty always detect temperature and regulate power.

If this is made properly issue is history. Greets Wolf

BBW
sucht Erleuchtung
sucht Erleuchtung

Beitragvon BBW » 19.12.2012, 17:39

Thanks plattfuss; I did it because the English forum is not visited as much. I already searched for those answers and read them all and also have done the heating procedure several times. I have also add silicone to the glass and I haven't been able to fix it

plattfuss
beleuchtet
beleuchtet
(Lampen-)Ausstattung: Betty R,Blika R, Pico R, Neo, Betty ext., Tesla, OttoX, Stuby,
BTL2, WTL, 2 x Piko TL Max, TL700, TL1200,
Rotlicht

Beitragvon plattfuss » 19.12.2012, 23:34

Hallo BBw,
this procedure works .... for sure. Silicon does not help as long as you still have humidity inside. The best time of the year to follow this procedure is a cold winter winter night - outside in a dust/snow protected area. The colder the air is the less humidity it can carry - the easier you can dry it. So switch the lamp on for as long as your battery can run it at full power. Once the light is OFF wait untill it is colder than "handwarm" and close it.
Good luck

phantomx0_1
sucht Erleuchtung
sucht Erleuchtung

Beitragvon phantomx0_1 » 15.01.2013, 23:39

This issue is a normal feature of the light. I don't worry about it. The condensation is mentioned in my manual and that it is normal. Just don't worry about it'

My exposure lights do the same!

Zurück zu „General“