General discussions around Lupine

Moderatoren: Wolf, Stefan, calle

Rewel
sucht Erleuchtung
sucht Erleuchtung

Diferrent light postiion on the bike

Beitragvon Rewel » 11.11.2017, 23:35

Hi,
I just want to share how to position the Lupine lights differently - at the fork crown using the helmet mount. Main benefit is that it's lower to the ground so that you get much better terrain reading, because of stronger shadows. And I don't recall any drawbacks. You can use old or new Lupine helmet mounts, as you can see in the photos.

I have been using this type of mounting for years now. It is very simple method, mounted in seconds, very sturdy, light is out of the way and completely centered. For me it has become my standard mounting position. I use Piko on the helmet as the second light for more challenging rides as well.

Cheers!
Marjan
Dateianhänge
IMG_1451.JPG
IMG_1456.JPG
IMG_1458.JPG

jjomjjom
sucht Erleuchtung
sucht Erleuchtung

Re: Diferrent light postiion on the bike

Beitragvon jjomjjom » 13.11.2017, 13:43

Very interesting, thank you for sharing.
But isn't there contact between the (helmet) mount and the steering tube? I suggest there will be scratchs on the steering tube after some curves, or?

I have one lamp on the handlebar - my "problem" is sometimes, that there are wires/cables in front oft he lamp.
Annoying if the point with the most brightness (=focused by eyes automatically) is not relevant for trail riding.
Do you have a similar problem with the brake pipe?

Rewel
sucht Erleuchtung
sucht Erleuchtung

Re: Diferrent light postiion on the bike

Beitragvon Rewel » 13.11.2017, 23:25

Yes, there is contact between the two, because the mount is not designed for this. Some rather light scratches can be spotted on the head tube, just above the mount, in the first picture. They are from years of use of the old mount, shown in the other two pictures, which is taller. So, nothing to worry about.

I am lucky that the break pipe sits just to the right and a little behind the lamp, so no obstruction there.

Zurück zu „General“