Vor dem Posten bitte die Hinweise lesen
Antworten
simzuk
sucht Erleuchtung
sucht Erleuchtung

Alpha 6 weeks old, battery not charging

Beitrag von simzuk » 17.10.2019, 12:25

Please help Lupine friendly folks.

I had an Alpha bought for me for my birthday in August. Unfortunately, after circa 5 hours of riding and only 2 charges, the battery will now not charge at all. I have followed the FAQ advice around protection and keeping it connected, but it simply just keeps looping from "Charging" to "Disconnect" and beeping several times, then looping and repeating around every 10 to 20 seconds. I left it in this state for 10 hours and yet it persisted to keep looping and not charging. The manual says it should spring to life in a few hours.

I am highly concerned that the manual states that batteries are not warranted and having spent 1000 euros on this after 7 trouble free years of using a Betty, this is clearly not good enough. I will not be one bit impressed if I have to part with another 200 euros for a battery to replace one that has lasted only six weeks.

Any help from people who know, or technical on whether there are any other "kick start tricks", it would be much appreciated.

Kind regards all!
Simon

Marvin
beleuchtet
beleuchtet

Re: Alpha 6 weeks old, battery not charging

Beitrag von Marvin » 17.10.2019, 14:07

Dear Simon,

first of all, the problem could be with the battery, the ChargerOne, the cables or even the lighthead itself. Only a Service Technician from Lupine can determine the real cause of the problem. So, send an email to Lupine and describe what happened. They will ask you to mail in the entire set and send it back to you a day after receiving it, fully repaired. From my experience this is always free. Especially 6 weeks after purchase.

Since you are an experienced Betty user, you know how to treat a battery. So it's probably a bug or a manufacturing issue, which are both covered under warranty.

simzuk
sucht Erleuchtung
sucht Erleuchtung

Beitrag von simzuk » 17.10.2019, 14:17

Hi Marvin

Many thanks for the quick reply. As you say, as a long term Betty user I think I a know enough about the tech, even though the Alpha is a shift in terms of Ah and voltage.

As it goes, as Kath my better half also bought herself an Alpha 1 month earlier, we have two of everything. I can confirm that I have tried the other Charger One, and plumbed the battery into the other lamp head. Absolutely zero registers on either lamp head when attached.

I have emailed info@lupine.de this morning but not heard back as yet. Not sure if that is the correct address for support/warranty issues.

Thanks again.
Cheers
Simon

Marvin
beleuchtet
beleuchtet

Beitrag von Marvin » 17.10.2019, 19:15

Two Alphas, Jesus Christ! :xmas_cool: Yeah, I also guess the voltage change introduced new issues. I generally agree with your conclusion that the battery appears to be at fault. However Lupine might have had this very problem before and it could be an unfortunate chain of events that caused the battery to die. E.g., faulty electronics in one of the lightheads wrecking the battery. So, since the Alpha is a still a pretty new light I would opt for letting Lupine decide the root cause. They take good care of their customers. But in the last two years they had a lot of innovations, and along with them more issues in hard- and software with basically every new light.

Best, Marvin

simzuk
sucht Erleuchtung
sucht Erleuchtung

Beitrag von simzuk » 18.10.2019, 08:17

Hi Marvin

Made me laugh that response. :D We both generally ride separately so we both need all the light we can get. :lol:

I love the innovation and they products are first class. With Wilma, we've had six of their lights now over the last 10 years and I wouldn't use any other if I had a choice.

Well, thanks for the advice my friend. I just need for someone at Lupine to reply to my email to info@lupine.de yesterday morning. I cannot find any other email address, so assume this is the one for customer service. I may have to resort to calling the only number I can find in Germany as I just want this sorted now the winter is finally arriving. :shock:

Cheers
Simon

Marvin
beleuchtet
beleuchtet

Beitrag von Marvin » 18.10.2019, 15:32

Your're welcome! The email is correct. Might have to wait a day or two cause it's main season. But feel free to call them up to see what's what. Cheers!

simzuk
sucht Erleuchtung
sucht Erleuchtung

Beitrag von simzuk » 18.10.2019, 15:39

Thanks Marvin

They have come back now, so all good. Well, except for the fact I am now back with the Betty for the coming days/week(s). Good job it's still an amazing light after all these years huh!?! :D

Cheers
Simon

Antworten