Vor dem Posten bitte die Hinweise lesen
Antworten
carlshimer
sucht Erleuchtung
sucht Erleuchtung

Lupine SL S not working properly

Beitrag von carlshimer » 24.07.2019, 14:59

Hello,

Appologies for using English. I have a giant Quick e+ 2018. I added a lupine SL S to this bike in October 2018. The light was working fine during the winter season when it was very dark. Recently I was trying to ride the bike at night but the light shuts off after 16 seconds. I can toggle the light switch on the Giant/Yamaha control panel to turn off the light and turn it back on again. The light will then stay on for 16 seconds and then turn off.

The day time lights seem to work properly and do not turn off. I have tried various combinations of pressing the button under neath the light but that hasn't fixed anything. According to https://www.lupine-shop.com/media/pdf/0 ... al_web.pdf I I should be able to reset to factory setings by pressing the button 4 times but that doesn't seem to work. I don't understand the documentation very well. It says 'Keep the button pressed (let go to select) to SL". Does that mean I should press it three times and long press on the fourth time?? I do not understand.

The one thing that is unique on my setup is that I had to wire the light into the existing wire harness by cutting and splicing the wire. This was working fine and I don't understand why the wiring would cause the light to turn off after 16 seconds.

Marvin
beleuchtet
beleuchtet

Re: Lupine SL S not working properly

Beitrag von Marvin » 24.07.2019, 21:00

Hello,

What the documentation is trying to say is: Press and hold the button until the main light starts to flash. Keep the button pressed while it starts flashing and then count the number of flashes. Release the button after the 1st flash and you have selected setting no. 1. Release the button after 2 flashes and you have selected setting no. 2. And so on... It's very simple once you figure it out.

Your problem sounds pretty unusual overall, so I would recommend you to give Lupine a call. They speak English and prefer to diagnose problems over the phone. Email might take longer, forum is not used for tech support generally.

Good Luck!

Timmäh!
erleuchtet
erleuchtet
(Lampen-)Ausstattung: SL AF,
SL AX 2022
Rotlicht
C14 Mag

Beitrag von Timmäh! » 25.07.2019, 08:17

I agree with Marvin to call Lupine, here just my two cents, it might explain the behaviour.

It seems like you activated the 16sec delay (keep button pressed until lamp has flashed 2 times) between switching from daymode to night mode (and it seems the SL-S always starts in night mode and then checks whether it should switch to day mode). Furthermore i suppose you might have once unvoluntary changed the sensor calibration, calibrating the switching point to a bright-/darkness of a dark winter night... A reset (keep the button constantly pressed until the lamp has flashed 4 times) should solve that issue, Lupine stated in a different thread that the reset also resets the sensor calibration.
in case the reset doesn't help, call Lupine. Good luck!
Gruß, Timon

carlshimer
sucht Erleuchtung
sucht Erleuchtung

Beitrag von carlshimer » 02.08.2019, 11:10

I have held down the button underneath the light until I have seen four flashes of the lamp. There is never a fifth flash. I then turn off power to the light (by turning off the bike or using the headlight button on my controls) and turn it back on. If it is night, the light appears to go into nighttime mode. However, it continues to shut down after 16 seconds. The day time blink mode seems to work properly and not turn off.

Timmäh!
erleuchtet
erleuchtet
(Lampen-)Ausstattung: SL AF,
SL AX 2022
Rotlicht
C14 Mag

Beitrag von Timmäh! » 05.08.2019, 11:56

Puh, send an email to Lupine or call them, which is the fastest. If you're in the states or canada, you might call the local distributor there...
Gruß, Timon

Antworten